Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Jen's Music of 2009

As the year comes to a close I started to realize how much music I had purchased/received this year. I finally made my own iTunes account this year, which probably explains how it got out of hand. It's not much compared to some people, but it's a lot compared to my music purchase history. So here's my music purchases in review:

Biggest surprise:
MewithoutYou's "It's all Crazy..." - It's so unique and has brilliant allegories. I never liked WMY until this album came out. Then I had to check out their other albums. I like :Brother, Sister" a lot. The others I can't get into yet.

Biggest Disappointment:
Apex Praise Band's "Live" album. Simply because they had to re-record all the vocals...not making it very "live".

Easiest Addiction:
Relient K's "Forget and Not Slow Down". I didn't realize much I missed these guys. I tend to associate their music with my high school days and stopped listening to their stuff, but their new album is indeed great and I haven't stopped listening to it in my car since I bought it.

But it wouldn't be fair if I didn't include Jon Foreman's EPs, because I can't stop listening to those either.

Took the Longest to Love:
MuteMath's "Armistice". I hated it. It didn't sound like MuteMath to me. Now I love it.

Best Soundtrack:
Away We Go. Touching, emotional movie. Touching, emotional soundtrack.

Best Song to Sing Along:
Arcade Fire's "Wake Up"

Best Single:
"How He Loves" by David Crowder Band (although many have told me other versions are good). This song got me through so many tough times this year.

Best Female Artist:
She & Him. I love Zooey's voice. And there are such sweet lyrics about that special someone. I made this category because I'm really pick about females singing.

Favorite Artist I Discovered This Year:
As Tall As Lions. Like, woah. Who knew I'd like the opening band for MuteMath so much!

Here's a list of all (of what I can remember) of the music I either purchased or received as a gift this year:

Anchor & Braille - Felt
Apex Praise Band - Live
Arcade Fire - Funeral
As Tall As Lions - As Tall As Lions
As Tall As Lions - You Can't Take It with You
Away We Go Soundtrack
Coldplay - LeftRightLeftRightLeft
David Bazan - Curse Your Branches
David Crowder Band - Remedy
David Crowder Band - How He loves (single)
Dustin Kenrue - Please Come Home
Feist - Let It Die
Feist - The Reminder
Jesse Remnant - The Human Cannonball
John Mayer - Battle Studies
Jon Foreman - Fall EP
Jon Foreman - Winter EP
Katy Perry - Hot N Cold (single)
Landon Pigg - Falling in Love At a Coffee Shop (single)
MewithoutYou - It's all Crazy! It's all False! It's All a Dream!
MewithoutYou - Brother, Sister
Monsters of Folk - Monsters of Folk
MuteMath - Armistice
Ocean's Eleven Soundtrack
Okay Lindon - Everything in Moderation
Relient K - Forget and Not Slow Down
She & Him - Volume One
Slumdog Millionaire Soundtrack
The Ting Tings - We Started Nothing
Thrice - Beggars

No comments: