Sunday, January 10, 2010

Things I learned about TV while being sick

So I randomly woke up and needed to puke several times early Saturday morning. So that resulted in me being very sick for the day and having nothing to do but lay on my couch for at least 10 straight hours to avoid the waves of nausea that happened every time I moved. This is what I learned while watching TV for way too many hours:
1) The British Office is on at 4 a.m. on Cartoon Network. I don't find it funny when I'm healthy. I need closed captions to understand their thick accents. And I don't find it funny when I'm ill, either.
2) At 6 a.m. when I'm feeling like death, I will watch anything - even the black and white movies on TCM with my father. It also helped me fall asleep every now and then.
3) The children of today are missing out with today's version of "saturday morning cartoons". I mean, seriously. No Doug? No Recess? Just some dumb Disney shows I've already
seen on the Disney channel and don't feel like watching again. There is no reason for kids to wake up early on Saturday mornings.

4) I got really excited that the old school Mighty Morphin Power Rangers show was at least on, but okay...what the heck? I had no recollection of when the power rangers would start fighting that words would fly up describing it. For instance, if Billy does a flip, the words "FLIP!" came on the screen. HAHA. That show is weird. I actually realized that I never really liked the Power Rangers; my brother did. The only reason I watched that show was because I wanted the Pink Ranger to hook up with the Red Ranger. I still do. I really wish I hadn't fallen asleep halfway through because I wanted to laugh at it more, but couldn't.
5) Apparently there is nothing good on TV on Saturday afternoons except sports. Because the UD game was very exciting and nothing else on kept me entertained. Thank God for Hulu.
6) Ratatouille on the Disney Channel reminded me how much I love that movie. It has a wonderful soundtrack to put me to sleep and is lovely to wake up to. I've decided I want to be a food critic like that creepy guy on there, Anton Ego. He has a typewriter. :)

No comments: